In this four-hour interactive, hands-on workshop you will experience “innovation in action” as you learn the principles of design-thinking innovation and explore how this tool can be used to foster creative collaboration for your team, your business or your organization. You will also learn about the conditions that create environments to nurture and develop great ideas to solve real problems in real time. Innovation requires a different way of thinking about problems and solutions and also how we work together effectively. This workshop is limited to 24 participants.
You will learn
- Why we need to innovate, and how we help that happen
- The conditions necessary to foster innovative culture
- The importance of experimentation, risk and failure in innovation
- The principles of design thinking that foster innovation
- How to work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
You will also
- Take away the tools you need to innovate with your teams and solve real problems, efficiently and effectively
- Be provided with a “design-thinking innovation canvas” to take back to your teams
Innovation must be core in the DNA of an organization to be effective. This means everyone must be invited to participate in continuous improvement through innovation.
David Harper, UFV Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship will facilitate this workshop. In addition to his roles at UFV, David also works as a consultant to the BC tech sector where he helps businesses and organizations develop innovative cultures.
Lunch and snacks included
Your ticket includes lunch, beverages and light snacks.
Cowork Chilliwack, 12-8465 Harvard Place, Chilliwack, BC V2P 7Z5
Startup Grind Chilliwack
Startup Grind is a connected online and offline network of vibrant startup communities to help fuel innovation, economic growth and prosperity at the local level. While Startup Grind was founded in Palo Alto, California, the extended network of Startup Grind chapters are located around the world, including Startup Grind Chilliwack!
We believe in making friends, not contacts. We believe in giving, not taking. We believe in helping others before helping yourself. We are truly passionate about helping founders, entrepreneurs and startups succeed. We intend to make their startup journey less lonely, more connected and more memorable. Come on out!